80’s Meme, found on Rainy Day in May.
1.How old were you in 198O? 13
2. How old were you in 1989? 9 years older than I was in ’80… duh
3. Were you a Toys R’ US Kid? Nope. I lived in a small town and there wasn’t one
4. Did you watch Transformers? No, but I had a few Transformer watches
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen? Yup. Over and over.
6. Did you own a Lite Bright? I did — loved it
7. Who is your Favorite Golden Girl? Oh gosh, that’s hard to say… liked them all, they were all great. Take one away and the show wouldn’t have been the same.
8. When someone says ” Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!!!
9.What was your favorite toy? I had too many toys to call one my favorite. I did play the heck outta Barbies. And I had at least 5 Annie dolls. I had an… issue with little orphan Annie.
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball? What’s that?
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block? I did, but you know who I loved? Menudo. Yessss.
12. What New Kid did you have a crush on? Donnie… he was the badboy right?
13. Did you play M.A.S.H? M.A.S.H. no. Dukes of Hazzard — yes!!
14. Did you watch The Care Bears? Yes, and I had a couple, too.
15. Did you have Jelly bracelets? Tons of them. Jelly shoes, bracelets.
16. Did you have a charm necklace and/or bracelet? I think I had a cheap one, but obviously wasn’t too connected to it. I remember the older girls having them and wearing Love’s Baby Soft perfume.
17. Did you have a Glo Worm? Yup.
18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet? Yes I did.
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles? Breakfast Club. They were both good, but man, my friend Vicky and I could practically recite Breakfast Club by heart.
20. Did you have a crazy hair style? Yeah, but not because it was the 80’s, it was because I had crazy hair and there wasn’t enough product or knowledge out there to tame it yet.
21. What was your first bike? First bike was a Hotwheels, but my first 2-wheeler was a Huffy, pink with a fat banana seat. It was stolen in 1 day. We lived in Buffallo, NY and I wasn’t smart enough to put my bike away. Learned my lesson.
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood! My “My Friend Mandy” dolls.
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid? A bunch of them. My mother liked to sew and she bought some generic heads that looked like CPK, made me up a few. I never liked those dolls.
24. Did you dress like Madonna? Not really.
25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake? Strawberry Shortcake for sure.
26. Did you watch Miami Vice? Oh yeah I did. I had a crush on Crockett.
27. Did you own a pair of Jelly Shoes? See number 15 — I loved Jelly shoes!!
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper? Yes, yes. Those were the “cool” thing to have.
29. Atari or Nintendo? I had an Atari. Montezuma’s Revenge.
30. Did you play Pac-Man? Yup.
31. Which was better: Jem or Barbie and the Rockers? Eh.
32. He-Man or She-Ra? Eh.
33. What movie scared you the most? Karate Kid. I was SO worried at the end when his knee was hurt, I had to leave the theatre.
34. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson? No and weirdly I didn’t know about the Thriller Dance or I would have been all over that.
35. What Is The First Thing That Comes To Mind When You Hear “Flux Compasitor”? 1.21 Jigowatts!!!
36. What other colors did Pepsi come in? Clear 🙂
37.Roger Rabbit Or Howard The Duck? Neither. They both kind of annoyed me.
38. Did you ever beg your parents to have your school picture taken with the ‘LASER’ background? No… what’s that? I think I was too young for that to apply. That was more high-school.
39. Do you know what the Ninja Rap is? Does it have to do with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
40. Do you know why people cringe when they hear the word BUCKNER? No, I do not. Must not have hit the small town.
41. Can you name the family members from National Lampoons Vacation movies? Loved Chevy Chase. Wally World, Europe and Vegas. And then Christmas. Wally World was classic, though, cousin Eddie = hilarious.
42. Wally-World or Europe? Probably Wally World because Michael Anthony Hall was in it and he’s totally 80’s.
43. What was your favorite movie from the 80’s? Breakfast Club, Weird Science, National Lampoons Vacation…